NOLA AFSC IN ACTION

NOLA AFSC IN ACTION

Peace by Piece Slide Show

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Introducing Our Spring 2013 Interns

Asia-Vinae Palmer

Asia-Vinae is a Junior at the University of New Orleans and majors in English. She plans to take over the art world by mastering one art form at a time. Continuously growing as a visual artist, writer and spoken word artist, she knows she has a long way to go and is open to learning new skills and gaining more experience. Art is more than her craft or hobby, it is her passion and she wants to use it to change the world.

Breial Kennedy

My name is Breial M. Kennedy. I am the senior class president at McDonogh 35 Senior High School. If nothing else, through AFSC I would like to expand my ability to communicate alternatives to violence. Something interesting about me is that I like to use theatre when reaching out to younger groups of children because its’ education through entertainment.


Briana O’Neal

My name is Briana T. O’Neal. I’m 23 years old. I have been a community organizer for almost seven years now.  I have a history with Peace by Piece as an intern. This year I want to build more friendships, learn more about how to deal with the violence affecting my city as a whole, and work more in schools.
 I plan to teach upcoming leaders how to be great leaders. I want to do this by sharing my skit writing skills and my ability to be a storyteller in the community. My love for kids and my passion for this city will never die so when all else is said and done I wish to exemplify my favorite quote: “Be the change you want to see!!”

Austin Smith

My name is Austin Smith. I am 16 years old. I attend McDonogh 35 College Preparatory High School. I want to be more involved in all the programs that The American Friends Service Committee is affiliated with. I also want to learn how to be more of a team player and become more comfortable working with others. One thing that I find interesting is drawing. Drawing is the art form that I use to express myself.

Isaiah Jones

Hello hello everybody,

My name is Isaiah and I am back in action for another semester as a Peace and Justice Intern with AFSC. The seasons have changed and the year is new and thus so to am I, renewed with inspiration and energy to make good things happen. Communication is key so I will continue in my pursuit of bettering my abilities in that arena, along with striving for a 4.0 in life, being more open and more artistically involved in projects that are physical and visual instead of just word based. 

No comments:

Post a Comment