NOLA AFSC IN ACTION

NOLA AFSC IN ACTION

Peace by Piece Slide Show

Friday, June 21, 2013

Reflections from Peace-by-Piece Summer Intern

My Summer Experience


                The few weeks of summer that I worked with AFSC has been beyond rewarding. I worked with kids at camps in the Desire community as well as in Gentilly.  Each day we met with them, we had a creative art activity for the children that was centered on the theme of “Dare to be you”. It was not only fun to create new art, but also to get to know new personalities along the way. The most memorable moments were definitely seeing the excitement on the kids’ faces and seeing how anxious they were to learn. This involvement with the kids really opened my eyes and heart, for which I am truly thankful for. It was a great experience in preparing me for a career in social work and family advocacy I plan on going into after college.
                                      - Antoinette





Check out some photos from some of our summer programs below:

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/asglover/Peace%20Art%20Summer%20Program%202013/DSC00374.jpg










No comments:

Post a Comment