NOLA AFSC IN ACTION

NOLA AFSC IN ACTION

Peace by Piece Slide Show

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Oppression Fashion Show Reflections: Erick


Oppression Fashion Show 2012-2013

My experience at the 2012 Oppression Fashion show was absolutely tremendous. The reason that I had such a good time was because I liked the way that we used fashion design to make a statement about oppression. This form of art was very unique. It was great to see so many people, of all ethnicities, come together to discuss oppression. The whole event was astonishing.
I have obtained knowledge about other people’s stories through my participation in the fashion show. Knowing these stories helps me to go into different communities around the New Orleans area with a new perspective. Now I know that everyone that I come into contact with does not have the same story, and it makes me be more understanding of different people’s situation.
I can’t say that I relate to all of the stories that were presented, but because of the Oppression Fashion Show I know that oppression is out there. As an intern at AFSC, I will do everything in my power to help those that are dealing with extreme oppression.

Erick Dillard

No comments:

Post a Comment